Course Listing Unavailable
It’s been pointed out that in “Course Listing Unavailable" the group essentially goes through the five stages of grief — only over their lost Biology 101 credit and it’s repercussions, not their lost classmate:
- Denial: The news that they’re going to have to repeat Biology over summer causes Jeff to scream a Big “NO!”.
- Anger: The study group, upon delivering their eulogies, become consumed with anger and each instead delivers a rant abouthow terrible Greendale is, prompting a riot.
- Bargaining: The group attempt to get out of trouble for the former by making a deal with the Dean to blame the whole thing on Chang.
- Depression: After Greendale expels them, everyone glumly sits around the table at Troy, Abed and Annie’s apartment, Annie and Shirley look like they’re about to start drowning their sorrows, Britta and Jeff acknowledge they’re the worst and Britta, when she goes to get the pizzas, looks like she’s about to succumb to the charms of the creepy pizza guy.
- Acceptance: After Troy and Abed deliver a speech about how, while things are bad, they’re not nearly as bad as they could be, everyone cheers up a bit and begins eating the pizza companionably.